Mixed Media

Mixed Media

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

A Wealth of Resources

Even though I am not currently in school, it seems that I can't embark on or complete any major projects without conducting a massive amount of research. It could also just be that I like doing research. In regards to my dollhouse project, the Internet has been both a valuable tool and a constant distraction. There is so much out there to read and buy. For basic instructions and tutorials, More Minis is the place to go. This is where I learned how to apply siding. It is so good that I felt confident attempting this on my very first build. eBay and Etsy have provided me with odds and ends needed for construction and decor. One Inch Minis by Kris is a fantastic place to learn how to build just about any piece if furnishing needed to complete a dollhouse. There are even sites like Spoonflower.com where you can design and produce your very own small scale fabric and wallpaper. These are a few of the ones that I have produced for this project.
I even found images from travel sites and old "women's magazines" to use as inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment