Mixed Media

Mixed Media

Thursday, January 9, 2014

I Love a Challenge!

Nothing gets me motivated more than a challenge. Be it the challenge of learning something new or the deadline of a competition. To keep me on track with my dollhouse completion, I have decided to join the Undersized Urbanite competition. There are categories for both novice and experienced builders. The goal is to complete a room or rooms in miniature by May 12th, 2014 and post the end results to undersized urbanite.com. Since I also really enjoy the chaos of having multiple projects going at once, I have also decided to enter the Hoffman Fabric challenge. This years challenge fabric immediately brought an idea to mind.
I found a great online storefront called Batiks Plus, that allowed me to buy fat quarters of the challenge fabric which means I can get more bang for my buck. I am using this challenge as an opportunity to try some techniques I have never used before. I remembered something I saw in an issue of Soft Dolls and Animals
After a perusal of my fabric stash and art supplies, I realized I needed gesso, modeling paste, and gel medium. Thanks to Dick Blick, they will arrive at my doorstep in a few days. Time to bust out the sewing machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment