Mixed Media

Mixed Media

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Time Flies

It has been years since I have written on or even visited my blog. Shame on me! In that time I have finished my degree, traveled to Italy and found out I am going to be a grandma (4 days and counting). Since I am taking a year off before graduate school, I decided to take on some projects I had back-burnered and try some things I have always wanted to. This is what has lead me back to my blog. I have decided to build a dollhouse and thought it would be a great idea to chronicle this journey. The house I chose as my first is the Orchid by Greenleaf Dollhouses I really liked he basic structure of this house, but knew I would like to add siding and personalize certain aspects like the stained glass and exterior gingerbread. I know this might be a huge undertaking for someone who has never built a dollhouse before, but I feel up to the challenge. So far, I have began construction on the exterior, including siding, and designed the stained glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment